MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Friday, June 28

EVE T : UNGARO FLORAL


There’s glamour in silk pants, particularly in those to be worn outside the bedroom.

These early 90’s Emanuel Ungaro silk trousers are new to my closet and, of course, come to me second hand by way of Housing Works, where stylish New Yorkers donate their unwanted couture. Ungaro began his label in 1965 and ran it until 2004, with a particular hay-day in the 80’s that showcased cinched waists, puffy sleeves, and major polka dots of the Mondrian palette. Understandably, what became the label’s heritage began with sensual garments combining artful prints with unexpected colours. And my floral find is no exception.

Women with rose coloured hair are dancing and throwing garlands of flowers in the air amongst rows of roses, tulips, and absolute flower magic! And the fluorescent tones only make this silk painting even louder! But the key to these spectacular pants is the fitting and how sheer they become on the body. The garden party suddenly becomes a small gathering, and the focus shifts to the female form amid petals and pixies.
All this being said, I haven’t worn them outside of ensemble trials in the boudoir. Please know, it’s certainly not about finding an appropriate occasion, because dressing up is my wheelhouse.  I’m imagining an architecturally bold white bustier. But I’m still not sure. I do know that I’ll enjoy wearing them as much as I like dreaming up the perfect top.
-Eve Tobolka






No comments:

Post a Comment