MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Wednesday, May 30

SOJOURNER TRUTH PARSONS


Perhaps it is Sojourner Truth Parsons' unique manipulation of medium, colour and energy that makes her work so violently carnal, and tangibly ripe with the odour of forgotten magic and ritual.  Using cardboard, paper, wax and glue, Sojourner creates collages, costumes and installations, that are both intensely refined and effortlessly primitive. Her work brings me from the beginning of the universe, to the contemplation of the barbs of a feather, to the liminal spaces between history and make believe.  I crave to decode the spark that fuels these timeless works and follow the talismans to the darkness beyond. 


1 comment:

  1. My 1st motorcycle, circa '67. I had to hide it from my parents behind the garage. I can still remember how good it ran and sounded after I removed the muffler. I was sure it only had 4 gears but I was so happy to ride I didn't care as long as it ran. Folks made me sell it when they found the title! It was my ticket Out!

    ReplyDelete