MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Friday, May 18

LILAC SEASON


The lilac bushes are in bloom and this inspired me to inspire Heather to make this blouse for me.  She gave me this 1940s fabric years ago, and originally I envisioned a tank top, but I'm happy that time has gone by and we decided instead on a more voluminous cut:  bat wing sleeves, high front /low back neckline, contoured hem, and finished with french seams.  It is perfect; a much more elegant version of a bagged out, bat wing, jersey knit, crop-top that I purchased (and wear often) from Sirens.  Yes, the Sirens located in the Dufferin Mall...  with poor quality, low prices, but sometimes interesting cuts and tolerable fabrics, it's a good resource for pattern making.  I'm going to wear this custom top all summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment