MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Thursday, May 24

BERLIN WATERCOLOUR


I found this watercolour painting at the Mauer Park flea market in Berlin.  The dealer wanted an exorbitant amount until I told him I'd take it without the frame - then he looked at me like I was nuts.  The perspective seems amateur, not intentionally strange but I can't get enough of the colours and I love how the artist spent time detailing certain areas while abandoning others to messy strokes.  

You won't find anything like the Mauer Park flea market in Toronto.  It's a garage sale, craft show, antique treasure hunt, garbage dump and karaoke stage populated by a diverse crowd.  Every time I go back to Berlin the locals complain that it's been ruined by the tourists, but I haven't noticed a difference (then again, I suppose I fit into the category of ruiner).  I'm looking forward to going back this September when we will be artists in residence at Sur La Montagne Gallery in Mitte, Berlin.




No comments:

Post a Comment