MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Monday, April 30

TOYE, KENNING AND SPENCER LTD



While visiting his museum in Lincoln's Fields Inn, I learned that Sir John Soane, the English architect, was also the freemason who designed the Freemasons' Hall completed in 1831.  There have been three masonic buildings on this site, the current being erected in 1933.  It's a short walk from Soane's museum and I thought it was worth a try to get inside and check it out.  Turns out there is an incredible library and museum, as well as guided tours of the hall Monday to Friday.  Unfortunately, tours weren't running during my visit and photography wasn't allowed.  However, I was able to shoot some of the interior when I found myself alone.  

Toye, Kenning and Spencer Ltd. is located across the street and is the oldest manufacturer and supplier of fraternal regalia.  Operating since 1685, this family run company services both civil and military markets, priding themselves for superior design and quality craftsmanship.  I enjoyed watching their promotional video.  The shop had an amazing carpeted floor and a display case housing beautiful masonic artifacts.







No comments:

Post a Comment