MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Friday, February 10

MADE IN THE MOUNTAINS OF ITALY

Donald J Pliner designed these cowboy mules for his Western Couture Collection.  When researching the company, I came across this engaging catalogue from 2006.  I'm really into the shape of heel he chooses, there really is nothing better than a cuban heel.  Something is going on in his 2006 collection that is really working and, in my opinion, cresting the wave.

I bought my pair for $20 at Flamingo Plaza in Hialeah, just outside of Miami – thrift mecca.  I debated the price, thinking it too much, but considering the impeccable craftsmanship and retail price of around $600, I did well.  They look great with a black dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment