MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Monday, March 31

LADURÉE


This past weekend I visited Heather in Paris on my way to Skælskor, Denmark.  I had Saturday morning to myself where I walked the galleries at Musée d'Orsay and Musée  de l'Orangerie, and before meeting Heather at the Grand Palais for Art Paris (to be featured on Thursday), I stopped in at Ladurée House to purchase a box of their beautiful macarons.  Available in a wonderful selection of colours, I chose 6 flavours from a legend describing them in French, English and Japanese.  I can see why these would be popular with Japanese tourists, and I too love the novetly of them (you also choose a box in black, pink, mint green or pale blue).

Founded in 1862, a luxury bakery and sweets maker, Ladurée is internationally renowned for their stacked macaron.  In the middle of the 20th century, Pierre Desfontaines first though of taking two macaron shells and joining them together with a ganache filling.  Ladurée sells approximately 15,000 everyday!








No comments:

Post a Comment