MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Friday, March 7

THREE BLACK CHAINS


Here's a tip when looking for antique/flea markets in Paris.  Go to the website vide-greniers  (empty attics) where you will find a listing of all the current markets, church bazaars, clothing sales, garage sales, and more. The prices seem to be better than the markets that are on every weekend and the stock is fresh.

I found these 3 necklaces all jumbled together in a pile, looking like so many beetles, and couldn't help but untangle them.  One is a bit rusty, the beaded one is slightly damaged and the wooden beads are ready for the art teacher back from sabbatical.  They all look to be from the jewelry box of a dark flapper and when I tried to convince the man that I would only take one, he knocked the price down, showed me how good they looked (on him) and sent me away with them all (placing them in my coat pocket).  Sometimes you can't say non.






No comments:

Post a Comment