MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Friday, May 24

ARMANI ZIG ZAG


Founded in 1975, Armani is now a billion dollar retail force, producing accessories and apparel from inexpensive ready-to-wear lines (yes, Armani Exchange) to haute couture collections. Despite all this availability, my idea or cultural reference of Armani remains one of atelier and status.

This bold shoulder, chevron pattern, wool and silk lined blazer came to me with tags on at Housing Works, my most fruitful second hand stomping ground in New York. Suffice to say I could not afford its original price, and even the thrift store's two figure tag had me evaluating want vs. need. But I was immediately swayed when a stranger told me I looked "money," in the jacket - a label I couldn't refuse.

-Eve Tobolka







No comments:

Post a Comment