MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Friday, October 5

JONES NEW YORK


I'm always stoked to find a Jones New York garment in a second hand store, especially when it's from their petite line and from the 90s.  I found this beautiful wool jacket at the Value Village in Hamilton and was shocked to discover that it fit perfectly.  For some reason blazers always look oversized and ill fitted on me.  Petite sizing ensures that it fits small shoulders and the arms are at a perfect length.

I'm not certain about their contemporary cuts and material choices, but I love the conservative, neutral and quality construction of their earlier years.  In the 1980s-90s, Jones New York designed for the modern working woman who wanted to make the statement "I mean business" while at the same time keeping her femininity.  A fashion statement that seemed to have developed out of the Jones Group Inc. corporate profile. The company's brands and licensing agreements include such names as Nine West, Givenchy, Anne Klein, and Stuart Weitzman. Who knew?





No comments:

Post a Comment