MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Wednesday, March 21

ROY LEBLANC


Roy LeBlanc is Ontario’s premier Elvis tribute artist.  He’s won the right to the King’s crown both in Las Vegas and at the world’s largest Elvis competition, which is held, surprisingly, in Collingwood Ontario.  I have never seen him perform, but the reviewers rave. What I want to know is, why was he working at Canada Blooms?

trade show (trad sho) n. A commercial phenomenon -- gaudy, wasteful, fluorescent, crowded, and loud.  Considering the organic nature of plants and landscaping, the Canada Blooms booths were stiff and contrived.  You would think the industry's creative teams would design visuals and experiences appropriate to the context, but instead they fabricate parodies of reality.  Nevertheless, I always really enjoy myself, especially once I've had a few drinks.  I sort of relish the awful.  The images below focus on the positives from this year's exhibition, though I couldn't help but indulge myself by sharing a couple of "don'ts" in floral arranging.    










No comments:

Post a Comment