MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Monday, March 26

A DARK AFTERNOON IN ANCASTER


I had high hopes when the idea of attending a cat show in Ancaster was conceived by my family.  Held by the Hamilton Cat Fanciers, this show inspired visions of "comical-crazy" similar to the wacky characters seen in the film Best In Show (2000).  I immediately realized, as I entered one of the fairgrounds buildings, that my experience would go sideways from funny to disturbing.  Themed for St. Patrick's Day, the atmosphere was less than festive with green tinsel casting lurid reflections on the caged animals.  Promptly after taking a turn around the tense room,  I had to relieve my anxiety by stepping outside for air.  I am passionate about cats, but have sworn to never go down this road.  

No comments:

Post a Comment