MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Sunday, December 9

TIS THE SEASON


I love Christmas.  Decorations and tree ornaments are probably my most regular purchases, year round, from antique markets, malls and estate sales.  Estate sales are the best. I almost always head directly to the basement where most families store their boxes of Christmas decorations.  

During this time of the year, vendors and dealers bring it all out.  When I was at the Wertz Bros. in Santa Monica and this morning at the St. Lawrence Market the buildings were decked with their Christmas wares;  I am obligated to restrict my purchases to a single item.  In past years, my 9' trees have been overwhelmed by ornaments, top to bottom and inside and out.  This year, however, my small apartment won't accommodate a large tree and most of my decorations will have to remain in storage.  I'll be going to my parents early this year to get the full experience with their decorated tree and home.  

Today's purchase, shown above, is a German made glass ball santa.  Get ready for many more seasonally themed posts to follow.











No comments:

Post a Comment