MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Sunday, December 23

PAPER NATIVITY SCENE


My grandparents bought this cut out nativity scene in the 1940s.  It sat on their television console every Christmas.  Since their passing, it has been erected each year at my parents house for the holidays.  I love the colours and the illustration work, the booklet that includes passages from the gospels of Matthew and Luke, and the simple construction.  I've included two photographs here - one of my mother in 1960 standing in front of the nativity scene, and the other of my mother and I in 1984.  Though it is made out of paper, and carries no monetary value, it will most likely become a family heirloom, making an annual appearance until it is unable to stand.  













1 comment:

  1. My grandmother bought me one of these when I was 3 years old, so I could have one in my room. That was 1960; now, 60 years later, I still put this up - it's a bit wore, but as long as I'm in the world, I'll always have a space for it.

    ReplyDelete