MONDAY
Forum
TUESDAY
Interiors and Exteriors
WEDNESDAY
Portraits
THURSDAY
Art and Design
FRIDAY
Fashion
SUNDAY
Objects and Antiquities

Tuesday, February 12

SNOW BLIZZARD 2013


I've yet to capture the epic sunsets from the second level of this Junction industrial  building where my ceramic studio is.  I did, however, find myself here during the snow blizzard of 2013 last week, and it was well worth the treacherous commute to stand elevated and open to the storm.  It was so quiet and so beautiful.  I love the snow and I love the cityscape of the stockyards.  

Heather and I can get pretty romantic about the days of manufacturing before it moved offshore.  North of Dundas and Keele industry is still active, though on a small scale, and mostly made up of industrial remnants from another time.  Getting here from College and Bathurst is a real chore, but in fairer weather taking the West Toronto Rail Path is a joy, and once I've arrived, the atmosphere couldn't be more conducive to work.  The smells from the tire and bread factory, the sounds of the trains and the organizing of scrap metal, the proximity to Home Depot and of course the view of the sky are all incentives and motivators to put in the 9-5 on this side of the tracks.












No comments:

Post a Comment